Saturday 25 May 2013

TT night

July 3rd

I wasn't too sure how to spend my time today. Ideally I should have whacked an 100 miler in as 'long ride days' are running out. But that wouldn't have left me in great shape for the TimeTrial which I'm obliged to do to fulfil my 6 races to qualify for the league (work & hols getting in the way)

I didn't waste the day completely as I managed a 2 mile Ancholme swim in the afternoon. I've really no idea if I'm swimming well or not, I've done all my swimming on my lonesome and haven't bothered to time myself. We'll see on the day I suppose.

The TT was another full to (60) capacity event, it just goes to show the popularity of cycling.
I chipped another 12 seconds off from a month back for a time of 21:13 so must'nt grumble.
For the second race in succession I've drawn the first place spot with TT whiz, Stu Wells. What's the chances of that, exactly the same time, twice? Cue.... 'Twilight Zone' music....... Do do do do, do do do do! I had a concern, not for the first time when cornering near the Wheatsheaf pub, it felt like my tub was rolling off the rim, I managed to save it and then cranked over again only for it to do the same. My immediate thought was, SH*T, I've got a flat tyre! Once straightened up again there was clearly no puncture, weird! This has happened a few times in the past and is bloody frustrating, it leaves you with little confidence for cornering!
A  2 mile run after the TT to complete the days training. Then work.

July 4th

A 9 mile run at just below 7:30 min pace tonight. I guess I'm into my tapering stage now.

No comments:

Post a Comment