Sunday 26 May 2013

Last big run & Holey wetsuit!


June 30th


After a few too many beers at a mate's party the previous night I reluctantly took off on my last big run in the baking Sunday afternoon sun. Angie kept me company by riding at my side and passing me some much needed water.
 It wasn't deliberate but the pace was very slow, just about hovering around the 8 min /mile pace. I didn't mind though, I just blamed the weather for my lack of enthusiasm.
The 17.5 mile in total will have to do as far as running is concerned, I'lI just have to wing the final 8 to 9 miles on the day. As slow as the 8 min average was I'd gladly take that on the day.

July 1st

Another dip in the Ancholme before tea in the brand spanking new wetsuit?
But now it isn't is it!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't believe it but there are now two gashes, well, nail marks in my once immaculate suit!

I stared, at great length, wondering who could have sneaked in during the night and deliberately ruined my 'worn only once' wetsuit. It couldnt have been me! Could it?
It was a similar situation when I was accused of treading in mucky footprints (with a splash of dogshit) into the new carpet! Again, somebody must have deliberately wiped this foul soil onto the sole of my size 10's because I'm adamant I didn't stand in anything?!
With no explanation I had but no choice to reluctantly accept that somehow, during it's maiden voyage to the Ancholme I had torn it whilst putting it on! The wetsuit's value had halved! Not since having my wallet nicked on the plane out to Tricamp did I feel so physically sick.

The swim was just a swim! Saw a few fish, the end :-(

July 2nd

Biked to work and back. Pleasant ride in at 05:30 but crap coming back due to wind and rain.
Bit annoyed that I let the weather put me off going for a run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment