Friday 24 May 2013

And then there were 3?

July 5th

Quick turnaround today and the plan was to get up for a swim and then bike to work. After finishing my nightshift I was tired and at 08:00 before going to sleep I set my alarm for 11:40.
The red digital figures of the alarm clock slowly hoved into view. However many times I rubbed my eyes and blinked, the display still showed 14:04! Shit! late for work as well as missing some valuable training!

July 6th

Did today what I should have done yesterday.
The same old 2 mile swim in the Ancholme seems slightly more enjoyable each time I do it. This is taking me about 45 mins although I haven't accurately timed myself I'm just using the clock in the car before and after. I still haven't swum the 2.4 mile race distance yet in training!
The bike to work was great and it looks like summer is finally here.
It's the Outlaw tomorrow, I hope the hot weather doesn't hinder people's predicted times too much. Germany is also experiencing some hot weather and next Sunday's forecast is 26 degrees. This sounds like Austria all over again. I haven't even considered a plan B! 'Operation sub 10' will no doubt be that much harder in the heat!
It isn't looking too good for Clarky at the minute who along with Kev Fish and Dave Hinch was joining me in Roth. It's transpired that his runnng injury is an internal fracture to the tibia and blood in the bone!
As Triathletes we all know how frustrating and depressing (and expensive) it is to suffer from these injuries. Steve will be devastated but hopefully can heal in time for Kona.
As well as the four of us, friends, Phil Binch and Chris Brown were to complete the Lincsquad posse in Roth.
Phil, after qualifying, decided to go toTurkey down the GB Euro champs route, something I'd strongly considered. This was a shame as Phil keeps me on my toes and I've enjoyed our friendly rivallry over the years. It would have been good to race him.
I'm almost certain that anybody reading this will know that Chris tragically lost his life earlier in the year whilst out training with fellow Lincsquadders.

No comments:

Post a Comment