Friday 7 June 2013

2013 season starts, New forest, Brigg bomber and Time Trials




First time trial of 2013 and eager to test my winter's biking legs unfortunately ended in disappointment. I recorded a slower time (22mins) than I had done all last season so I was left somewhat mystified to how I could be so far off my game? I pacified myself by reminding myself it's all about going long this year, were as last year I was training for the Euro sprints.
Two more TT's have come and gone and I feel I've steadily improved by knocking off 30 secs and then a further 5 seconds last week. The Ironman training may have put paid to hitting my PB potential for this year?

My first event this year was a trip down to my mate's in Salisbury for the New Forest Olympic distance race. This is one of the most picturesque Tris I've done. Feeling a little rusty, especially in Transition 1, I capatalised on a strong bike to finish with a trophy for 3rd place in my Age group.

The following week was the arrival of the Brigg Bomber Relays which I felt rather proud to be one of 20 work colleagues taking part. Some great camaraderie made for an enjoyable day in the baking sun. Although it was great to win the 1st prize with fellow Team mates, Lee McCarthy, Tyll Hasse and Rob Wood I found equal satisfaction in watching my own IPC workmates. Despite receiving a little gyp and being called a deserter for jumping aboard the 'Cherry Picked Trophy Hunters' ship ***the shame***. Top effort seeing as these guys Richard Taylor, Matt Riggall, Jaime Atkinson(SteveO excluded) don't normally compete in such events. An afternoon's drinking in Brigg with the McCarthy's leading to a late night Indian.

No comments:

Post a Comment