Sunday 2 June 2013

No Poached Eggs?

Tuesday 18th

I conveniently bailed at Clarky's invite to Ashbyville lake knowing I'd be made to pay for my slack attitude towards this year's swim training. The invite at least made me feel guilty enough to go down to the Ancholme on my tod and start the ball rolling. The wetsuit (literally, as I still hadn't dried it from the Half Outlaw a fortnight previous) was donned before getting in my car. Park up, goggles on, dive in, swim from Hibaldstow Bridge to Cadney Bridge and back almost 3 K ……………It wasn't as bad as I remembered and had certainly warmed up since a couple of months back when I last ventured in.
I'm going to have to make a habit of this.
 
Wednesday 19th

Quick turnaround is always a struggle to fit something in so I was fairly pleased with a 7 mile run before work. 7min 14 secs avg seems to be the norm now for that run. Not sure whether I'll benefit in the Ironman or not if I upped the training pace a bit?

Thursday 20th.

Great ride before work today with my two trusty sidekicks SteveO and Matt. Steve's just starting to peak as his Ironman nears making him all the more determined to do his fair share at the front. Fair play to Matt who must think 'What's happened to these two maniacs and our once pleasurable rides when we'd chew the fat and put the world to rights'.
There was plenty of time for that in our half hour café stop. That's twice I've asked the lovely ladies at the Alkborough café if they could do poached eggs rather than fried or scrambled! If looks could kill! Surely it's easier?

If anyone reads this and also finds themselves in that lovely café can you ask for poached? They'll have to cave in eventually, I can always lend them the recipe.

Despite full tums still managed to keep the average to 20.3 mph for the 60 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment