Tuesday 4 June 2013

P66 Sportive

Thursday June 13th

Today was to be our Work's Cycling Club Sportive. Paul Fytche, Rob Wood and myself have been running the club for the last year or two and every now and then we attempt to get people out on their bikes, not easy! Of all days to pick! It'd been lousy all day with the IPC Terminal having to be shutdown for Lightning storms!
I suppose we'll never know how many people would have turned up if the weather was more favourable but with the help of a few Lincsquadders eleven of us braved the elements.
I'm not going to lie, it wasn't enjoyable, and although the weather finally brightened up it was too late we were ready for the pub. Mechanicals being the main cause of this misererable ride.
Dobber had to call his missus as his rear mech just snapped clean off. Big Mac Mcandless suffered a snapped chain and despite some expert link removal from Rob he later fell foul of the same problem and spent another 20 minutes with oily hands. Josh Jones' puncture was one of the happier times during this maintenance course/ride!

Friday June 14th

Laying on the bed after returning from my morning shift I'd almost convinced myself that a quick nap would be more beneficial than my weekly long run. I managed to jump up and start putting my shorts on before I started nodding.
The sun didn't help the pace particularly and I started to tire at the 11 mile mark as the legs began to protest. The last two miles of 13 were a struggle, my average reducing somewhat to finish with a 7:38 min/miles.
 
Saturday June 15th

Nil training! After work enjoyed a good night on the pop with Clarky, Stenno and the girls at Bellinis.

Sunday June 16th

Nil training! Father's Day so took my Mum and Dad to the Shires for tea. More ales and a DVD to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment